What protective measures to be taken before, during, and after disaster situation
What to do before, during and after a disaster situation is a critical part of being prepared and may make all the difference when time limit exists. Continuously visit www.pdma.gos.pk to learn about potential disaster situations and hazards that can happen and how to prepare for and respond to them.
Basic Protective Measures for All Hazards
- Some basic protective actions are similar across many different hazards:
- Physical safety is compulsory required for all hazards and may involve quick evacuation.
- Must follow emergency instructions issued from time to time by Provincial Disaster Management Authority (PDMA) and Government of Sindh.
- Make an emergency supply kit to be prepared for any type of disaster.
- Learn about receiving emergency alerts and Provincial emergency plans for shelter, evacuation, emergency contacts, alerts and warnings.
- Make all efforts to help others specially senior citizens, special persons, women & children.
- Must open locks of pets and animals before evacuation.
- Announcements by the governments through alerts and other means of communications strictly be followed.
Disaster Specific Preparedness
This site contains the following helpful information for each type of disaster in disaster plans:
- Natural Disasters
- Technological & Accidental Disasters
- Terrorist Disasters
- Diseases breakout
- Home Fires